Code of Ethics
A code of ethics is a set of guidelines which are designed to set out acceptable behaviors for members of a particular group, association, or profession. In addition to setting a professional standard, a code of ethics can also increase confidence in an organization by showing outsiders that members of the organization are committed to following basic ethical guidelines in the course of doing their work. At ACSAH, we expect our Certified Providers to follow these basic practices.
Principles of the Code of Ethics
- Individuals shall honor their responsibility to hold paramount the welfare of persons they serve professionally and they shall treat all involved in a humane manner.
- Individuals shall provide all services competently.
- Individuals shall not discriminate in the delivery of professional services on the basis of race or ethnicity, gender, gender identity/gender expression, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Individuals shall honor their responsibility to achieve and maintain the highest level of professional competence and performance.
- Individuals shall honor their responsibilities to the industry and their relationships with colleagues, and members of other professions and disciplines.